Wednesday, March 28, 2012

this is the beginning...

So here's the deal. I've been doing Weight Watchers since July and struggling a bit in getting to my goal weight.  I'm also trying to work my way up to being able to run a half marathon.  


A few years ago I did Weight Watchers and lost roughly 30 pounds and was so proud of myself.  Flash forward to last July and I had put almost 20 of those pounds back on.  Not good.  So I set my mind to it to do the program again and succeed in keeping the weight off this time.  At this point, I have lost 19 pounds and am hoping to go for another 15.  It's taking more time than I had hoped, but maybe this time it will stick!


As far as running goes, I was never a person who thought that I would want to run a 5K, let alone have a desire to run a half marathon!  Last summer my friend told me that she wanted to do the runDisney Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World.  When I looked up the event, I saw that they also had a 5K that weekend.  It sounded like it could be fun, so I signed up in October.  I ran a "practice" 5K in November, the Concord Turkey Trot, and it was a tough feat, but I did it.  I trained as much as I could in the cold New England weather and before I knew it, I was on a plane to Florida to run the Tangled Royal Family 5K.  And that was it, I was now hooked on running. 


So here it goes!  I'm registered for another 5K in April, and then a 5 miler in May.  I'm more than half way to my goal weight.  


Let's get running :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment