Thursday, May 24, 2012

last run before five

Tonight I went out to tackle my last training run before Boston's Run to Remember 5 miler on Sunday.  It felt great and it was an awesome run.  I completed 2.31 miles in 27:38 with an average pace on 11:56.  I was even taking it a little easy!  If I was able to manage keeping it under 12:00 per mile while taking it easy, I may very well succeed in coming in around 55:00 on Sunday!

The weather today was gorgeous and perfect for an outdoor run.  I went out at 6:00 or so and the temperature was just over 70.  When I went to run on Sunday it was the first time I had gone out to run in the heat (I only started running last October, so warm weather running is something completely new to me) and it was rough and I didn't last long out there at all.  I managed to run about .6 miles before I stopped to take a walk break, but I felt that I could have run for longer.  However, I definitely didn't want to overdo it with the race only three days away.  I also decided to skip the park and do the neighborhood tonight so that I could get a little bit of inclines in instead of just the perfectly flat track.  I also got a honk from one of my best friends as she drove by me!

I am completely psyched to run on Sunday and go to the expo on Saturday.  It'll be really exciting to take on the new distance and then to get another medal to add to my Disney one.  A friend is also running the half marathon taking place so I get to cheer her on at the finish line.

Tomorrow will most certainly be a rest day for me, and Saturday I'll be doing a lot of walking around the city, but nothing too strenuous.  Sunday morning is going to be bright and early with a 5:00 wake up call, then getting ready in my cute new race outfit (which I tested out last weekend, so I know it'll work!) before heading into the city.  The race course looks great, starting at the seaport, then running up around the Boston Common before heading back for the finish line.

I'm also going to make sure that I remember to put on sunscreen before I leave the house that morning!  On Sunday it didn't even occur to me to put some on before I went out to run and I ended up with some tomato-y looking shoulders and a very pink forehead.

Look for my race recap on Sunday afternoon!  I'll even try to take some pictures to add in to spice it up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment