Sunday, May 20, 2012

one week to five miles

Wow, so it's been over two weeks now since I've posted.  Things have been very busy around here and I haven't really been that great about getting out and running.  I haven't been just sitting around these past two weeks though, I have managed to get out about four times to run, plus I have done all my weekly Zumba classes.  Today I mostly just walked, but did three miles in 45:00 as my last long run/walk before the Boston's Run to Remember five miler next Sunday.

These past two weeks have been really rainy around here and I'm not one to go out to run through the rain and I'm also not a big fan of running on the treadmill.  However, I don't like relying on the weather to determine whether I work out or not, so I think I'm going to have to learn to embrace the treadmill.  This week's weather forecast looks to be rainy all week and gorgeous on the weekend again, so the weekly runs may have to be on the treadmill.

This week my plan includes today's long run and then two more short (two miles or less) runs during the week.  There will be no Saturday morning Zumba for me this weekend, but I will be doing a little bit of strolling around Boston before and after the Boston's Run to Remember expo.  Then Sunday I will tackle my next distance challenge when I take on the five miler.  I'm really excited and I'm hoping to finish in under an hour, but my real goal is going to be 55:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment