Thursday, May 3, 2012

clear it out

My plan for today was to either go for a run or do a pilates DVD after work.  Well, it's one of those days where I just really don't feel like doing anything but sitting around in my comfy sweats and watching TV. However, so I wouldn't feel totally guilty, like I probably would have had I just come home and plopped on the couch, I took on a project.

Once I got home I put on the comfy pants and giant sweatshirt, turned on "Army Wives" (thank you Netflix and my handy Roku for making me addicted to this show), and opened my closet doors.  This afternoon's project was one of the best parts about losing weight.  I started getting rid of all of the clothes that are now too big for me!  My closet looks pretty empty and there are now four huge shopping bags full of clothes to be donated sitting on my floor.  It feels great to get rid of some of these clothes that last summer were too tight on me!  Also, there's now plenty of room in my closet for new skinny clothes!

Getting rid of clothes and making room for the smaller ones is one of the awesome rewards that comes with all of the hard work it takes to lose weight.  It's a tough road, but seeing all these bags of clothes on the floor filled with things I used to wear daily but are now falling off of me is an amazing feeling.  It's a great accomplishment.

Today was my weigh-day and I was a little disappointed to see that I was only down .2 pounds for the week, but any loss is good and it's certainly better than gaining!  Instead of letting this discourage me, I use it as motivation to just make the next week better.

This weekend is going to be another tough weekend that's going to require lots of willpower to get through without gaining.  Tomorrow night is dinner and movies with the girls, Saturday is my friend's wedding, and Sunday I'll be in a town that has some amazing restaurants.  So Saturday morning I'll be going for a nice long run to prepare.  Come hell or high water, I WILL run five or more miles come Saturday morning.  I've got three and a half weeks to get ready for Run to Remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment