Monday, April 30, 2012

run it faster

Tonight I went out for an easier run because my legs were a little tired from Saturday's run and then last night's two hour Zumbathon.  I ended up doing 2.24 miles in 28:00.  I managed to run my first mile in 10:29 and I ran every step of it!  This is the fastest mile I have completed outside of a race.  It's amazing how the pressure and excitement of a race can make me move faster than I thought I could. 

For the first time I was able to run around the track two and a quarter times before I stopped to take my first walk break.  The local park is my new favorite place to run because I can run until I can't run any more and I don't have to worry about trying to get back home.  It's also helping me to see just how far I have come in my training when I make it further and further around the track before I have to walk.  

Last night's zumbathon also showed me how far I have come in my fitness journey.  The first zumba class that I took last summer wiped me out so much I felt like I couldn't move for a couple of days.  I was able to keep my hips shaking for two straight hours last night and felt like I could probably keep going!  It's an amazing feeling to see the process that I have made so far and I can't wait to see where else my journey towards fitness takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment