Sunday, April 15, 2012

slowly getting back in the game

Unfortunately I haven't really been able to run the past two weeks due to a case of bronchitis.  But today I was able to get back out on the road and attempt a run.  It wasn't the easiest, and it involved a lot of walking and a lot of coughing!  Since the Run Against Extinction 5K is coming up in just a week, I am determined to get some mileage in these next few days.  For today's run I was able to manage 2.32 miles in 33:25 for an average pace of 14:25 minutes per mile.  Definitely not my best and not anywhere close to what I would like to accomplish next weekend at the race.  However, I know that after two weeks of no running and getting over being sick, that it's going to take a little time to get back to my 12:00 miles.

As far as my Weight Watchers adventure goes, this week I have hit 22.2 pounds lost and it feels great.  I'm hoping to be able to post a loss this week as well, but lots of treats and drinks at a bachelorette party yesterday may have derailed that.  I'll just have to be extra good with my eating the next few days and resist the urge to eat the junk food!  Luckily the bag of chocolate chip cookies is gone (they were so good).

My goal is to get at least two more runs in this week and attempt to get my speed up a little so that on Sunday I can run the 5K in at least 38:00.  I'll make sure to have a full race recap next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment