Sunday, April 1, 2012

4.03

Today I accomplished 4.03 miles in 58:41.  I walked most of it because today's goal was distance, not speed.  For my first mile, I kept up with my goal pace of 12:00 minutes per mile, which is the pace at which I would like to run my next couple races.

I have never done more than a 5K and the looming 5 miler has been making me a little nervous.  So when I tied my running shoes this afternoon I decided that I would do 4 miles in under an hour, which I succeeded in with more than a minute to spare!  Now I just need to work on fitting an extra mile into that time frame, but I have almost two months to work up to that goal.

I have the Run Against Extinction 5K in Boston three weeks from today and I'm so excited!  It'll be fun to run with my roommate (for her first 5K) and my friend who ran the Princess Half.

Today's run/walk showed me just how much work I have left to do if I'm going to do a half marathon in the next year and a half, but rather than it being a downer, it was motivational.  After all, half marathons have awesome medals, and I run for the bling. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment